Firestone’s new Tan (HR) UltraPly TPO color has been slightly changed to be in compliance with higher reflectivity codes. Our new Tan (HR) UltraPly TPO features the same formulation & benefits of the original Tan membrane, but now with 15% improved Solar Reflectivity. The new membrane color meets California’s Title 24 rigorous requirement for reflectivity, and will also be eligible for the LEED v4/v4.1 sustainable heat island effect credit. Tan (HR) UltraPly TPO membrane and accessories will fully replace the original UltraPly Tan color TPO membrane and accessories effective December 31, 2020.
The new product information and transition plan is listed as follows:
- December 31, 2020
- UltraPly TPO Membrane & Accessories
- Tan (HR) UltraPly TPO
- 3 yr Rapid Rating % improvements vs. original Tan UltraPly TPO:
- 15% greater Solar Reflectance
- 7% greater Thermal Emittance
- 22% greater Solar Reflectance Index (SRI)
- LEED v4/v4.1 sustainable heat island effect credit eligible
- Tan (HR) membrane & accessories will have all new material #’s and product descriptions
- Tan (HR) will fully cannibalize the current Tan membrane and accessories
- Former Tan membrane and accessories will transition to a “discontinue with inventory designation” in SAP
- Former Tan membrane will then transition to “discontinued” status once all the inventory is depleted in SAP
Firestone PVC single-ply membrane formulation is a durable, long-term commercial roofing solution that has been providing quality performance in market for 25 years. Firestone’s PVC systems include highly reflective roofing membranes, UV inhibitors, high-performance watertight heat-welded bonds, and exceptional resistance to harsh environments.
Firestone is proud to announce the launch of Jet Bond, a new, low-temperature, LVOC sprayable bonding adhesive. This easy-to-use, pressurized canister adhesive is ideal for use in adhering membrane to both vertical and horizontal surfaces (codes pending). This product is designed for contractors looking for a fast, easily applied, adhesive product without the use of additional spray equipment.
With Firestone Jet Bond sprayable bonding adhesive there is less complexity than standard bonding adhesive application, with no mixing required, and simple set-up for product use. Jet Bond provides excellent adhesion of Firestone RubberGard EPDM, EcoWhite EPDM, UltraPly TPO and TPO XR roofing membranes and flashings to approved substrates.
In addition, Firestone offers a LVOC Canister Flush Solution for easy clean up, as well as available to order replacement tips, and three lengths of hoses. Jet Bond sprayable bonding adhesive and LVOC Canister Flush Solution and accessories provide the high quality, dependable solutions our customers are accustomed to.
Product availability date: Monday, December 16th, 2019
|W56RACIASA||Jet Bond Spray Adhesive|
|W56RAC1696||Firestone LVOC Canister Flush Solution|
|W56RACINTH||Canister Spray Gun|
|W56RACINTI||Canister Spray Gun Extended|
|W56RACINTJ||Replacement tips, 5pk.|
|W56RACIAPRL||6 ft Canister Hose|
|W56RACIAPRM||12 ft Canister Hose|
|W56RACIAPRN||18 ft Canister Hose|
- Approved for adhering the following membranes to approved substrates: Firestone RubberGard EPDM, EcoWhite EPDM, UltraPly TPO, FlexAdhered TPO, TPO XR.
- Adhesive may be applied at ambient temperatures as low as 25 °F (-4 °C) and rising.
- Product may be opened and used for up to 60 days after opening.
- Ensure canister temperature is minimum of 70 °F (21 °C).
- 12-month shelf-life.
- Coverage rate per canister:
— 800 – 1000 ft²/canister (19.6 – 24.5 m²/canister) for smooth backed membranes
— 650 – 750 ft²/canister (16 – 18.4 m²/canister) for TPO XR fleece backed membrane
For additional product information, please refer to the Technical Information Sheets, Safety Data Sheet, and Application Guide below.
Jet Bond TIS
Jet Bond Safety Data Sheet
Jet Bond Application Guide